Friday, August 1, 2014

August Challenge: With all my Heart

"But if you have nothing else to create, then perhaps you create yourself."  -Carl Jung


Here it is a BRAND NEW month...August 1st. This is my very favorite time of year...when summer is winding down and cooler days and nights are on their way. We have 31 days...to live and breath and create before the busy season begins...school starting, kids activities and the holidays.

I was so inspired by Tammy Garcia's Index Card a Day Challenge this summer that I am just not ready for it to end!!







 I am in the groove and determined to keep on painting, stenciling, doodling and creating.






Soooo I was thinking about doing my OWN end of summer Challenge and wanted to share it with YOU!! And since I LOVE using Hearts in most of my artwork......




I am calling our end of summer Challenge..."With all my Heart".

Here's how it works....

Starting Monday, August 4th I challenge you to create ONE Heart a day...you can draw it, paint it, stamp it, use canvas, your art journals, index cards, playing cards....whatever you have.

I plan on using one 4x6 index card a day along with various mixed media supplies. I will be posting a "Heart Prompt" in our Face Book group Mind.Body. Soul. every morning as well as sharing my work with you. 

"With all my Heart" ends August 31st.

I encourage you to play along with me and post your work in our Facebook group!!

So take this weekend to gather your supplies in one area to make it easier to create your hearts. Remember you don't need to make this hard...a simple index card and doodling pens would work fine.

I can't wait to see the Hearts you create!!!



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea You can never have too many hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge idea! I'll be following along in the FB group :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!