Monday, July 7, 2014

Making Time for My Dreams

"Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts....it's what you do with what you have left."  -Hubert H. Humphrey after his cancer surgery



Last week I posted this....


Ok so TODAY is the day I stop looking at everyone else living their art dreams and TODAY I am SHOWING UP to MY dreams. MY art!!


I was just so tired of reading about everyone else, seeing there art, watching what they are doing and not doing anything myself. I realized I spend most my days LOOKING rather than DOING.

I
decided
to 
stop
that.


page from my art journal

Last week I made a schedule that I can follow. One that will allow me to get what I need to get done around here and leave plenty of room to CREATE. To write and let the ideas flow.

I haven't been this excited in a very long time!!

a piece of my Brave Art

I am still enjoying the Index Card a Day Challenge with Tammy from Daisy Yellow and am in love with the Documented Life Project from the Art to the 5th gals. I even signed up for their fun mini class and LOVE IT!!!

I was soooo inspired by all my creative energy that I am working on my next completely FREE art journaling class..."Happiness Is..." This class will be filled with lots of technique ideas/photos, prompts, and even a few prizes thrown in!! Look for "Happiness Is..." THIS FALL. 

Just  a few more photos before I head out the door for my walk...


This is my beautiful daughter...Emma. She painted this self-portrait last year. I LOVE IT!! So much that it sits on my mantle:)


How CUTE is that??!


Girls, I hope you are taking time for you. Time to create and fill yourselves up. Please let me know what projects you are working on!! I would love to know!!

1 comment:

  1. BOY, do I know that feeling of watching others 'living the dream', instead of being grounded in my own life and creativity!! Glad you found a way to schedule the time to do what makes you happy - MAKING ART!! I tell you, sometimes, all you need is 10-15 minutes a day to get some art started or completed =-)
    And I will tell you that it's OKAY to drop some of those blogs/websites from your email or feed if they are no longer making you happy or uplifted. I've done it for self-preservation and glad I did! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!