Thursday, December 12, 2013

Weeks 27 & 28: Get Ready for YOUR Best Year Yet!

"One's Lifework, I have learned, grows with the working and the living. Do it as if your Life depended on it, and first thing you know, you'll have made a Life out of it. A good Life, too."  -Theresa Helburn


 First off...please forgive me for posting Week 27 so late. We have been having internet issues and my schedule has been mostly work and picking up after my family. At first I was so frustrated but then realized that you are all busy, too and would understand:)

Since I was late and this week will be over before we know it AND the fact that I have sooo much to say this week...I am combining Week 27 and 28 so you have plenty of time to ponder the material. I hope you enjoy!




For the past 10 plus years I have picked a Word to inspire me throughout the year thanks to the very talented Ali Edwards. Here are a few of my Words from years past. TRUE, STORY, REINVENT and POSSIBILITY. This past year I created several sweet canvas's that have hung in my studio all year, reminding me to be TRUE to my heart.

I found myself questioning what my TRUE passions in life are, my values, my faith, what makes my heart sing. I tried my best to do only those things that were TRUE-ly speaking to me and say NO to those things that I didn't want to do. TRUE has become one of my favorite Words and has inspired me in my art this year and my writing.

This year I began thinking about my word in November...it's usually when I get the urge to start reflecting on my life and making new goals...I know that the New Year is not far away....and I LOVE a NEW FRESH YEAR!!!

So this year, as I was searching for just the right Word a few kept popping up...CREATE, ARTFUL and FORWARD. I KNOW that in 2014 I want to CREATE MORE and SHARE on my blog all my work. I also know I TRULY want to CREATE art pieces that reflect MY style (which I found this year due to me listening and being TRUE to my heart!!).

Still...none of those Words TRULY spoke to me...

Then, one beautiful, sunny moring as I was power walking up a hill it hit me...I KNEW my Word of the Year!!! I had taken the steps to start getting my health back by joining Curves Complete and knew that getting in shape would be a priority for me in 2014. My teaching  is stepping up a notch in the New Year when I fly to South Carolina and teach at a Beach Retreat in October!! And THIS is the YEAR I work hard at getting published and really sharing my work on my blog. I KNEW my Word for 2014 should be

MOVE

to change from one place or position to another.
to set or keep in motion.

to prompt, actuate, or impel to some action: What moved you to do this?

to arouse or excite the feelings or passions of; affect with emotion

I LOVE my Word and am sooo excited to MOVE in 2014!!!!

Your goal for the next few weeks is to think of YOUR WORD for 2014. Make a list of your goals for the new year and see what really jumps off the page at you. Create a canvas to celebrate your Word and hang in your studio, your bedroom...anywhere you will see if often.



Coming up in the next few posts are links to some of my favorite mixed media artists and art, a few classes on my Wish List, a fantastic jewelry artist you will swoon over, my NEW art project for 2014 and more. I hope you will continue your journey to BEING ME in the New Year as well!! We will be covering these topics in the coming weeks...

1. Passion/Fear
2. Your Life Enhancers
3. Are you a Caterpillar or a Butterfly?
4. Who should YOU Forgive?
5. Our Gifts and Talents

I appreciate each one of you and look forward to a wondrful 2014 filled with art and inspiration!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love your word choice...MOVE....Leslie! It seems so perfect for all that you are doing and all that you are going to do. I've been thinking about my word, but haven't come up with it yet!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!