Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Week 26: Time to REALLY Take Care of YOU!!

It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It's necessary. -Unknown


The past 4 weeks I have been on a journey to wellness and healing. If you are friends with me on Face Book then you may have read my posts about it and if not...here is my FB page:),

It wasn't that long ago I was running marathons, eating all the right foods, really taking care of ME.


With my Team in Training teammates in Anchorage. It was 4:30 in the morning here!!!
Me, my Mom and Jacks in Anchorage, Alaska for my first marathon.
Even though my kids were little, I made ME a priority by eating right and working out. It made me such a GOOD mom!!! Really, I KNOW that when we make sure we are taken care of...EVERYONE benefits!!

But somehow, through the years, the stress, the setbacks we've had financially....I have put ME last. Whenever someone needs anything...I am right there...to support and cheer on. To lift up and help. Yes, I have my art which has helped tremendously with my stress levels...but my body has been failing me. It's tired and weak and in pain. It has been no way to live.

So, 4 weeks ago I made the decision to join Curves Complete. Several of my good friends had seen phenominal results and I was watching!! I couldn't get over how HAPPY and at PEACE they were. I was craving both of those things so much but was very hesitant to sign up for the plan. It's 60 bucks a month and 60 bucks right now is a lot. 

I prayed on it and received an answer! I have been working 3 to 4 days a week at the schools subbing so my checks have been really good. I am so grateful for the work!! And even though we use that money primarily for groceries and other bills my husband told me to go ahead and sign up...do something for yourself!!

Girls...this is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing I have done in YEARS!! I am feeling sooooo good about myself. I am getting stronger both physically and mentally. I am lifting weights and building up my upper body. My headaches are disappearing!! With the Curves Complete plan I eat healthy veggies, lean protiens and fruit. I do eat starch...but I am choosiing to stay away from bread for now. Water is a huge part of the program and I am drinking it with lots of lemons. My diet soda habit has gone from a 32 ounce soda a day to 2 or 3 a week. Eventually I want to be DONE with the soda...and I WILL get there!!!

At my weigh in and measurements Monday I have lost a total of 3.5 pounds and 9 inches!! 1.5 on each thigh!! I have also lost 1 percent body fat and gone down nearly one whole BMI point...all in 4 weeks!! 

All of this has made me realize that it has been WAY TOO LONG since I TRULY cared for myself. No wonder I was hurting all the time! 

This week I want you to BEGIN working on YOU. 

What is it that needs EXTREME self care in you? Are you in need of more exercise, do you need to forgive someone so you can move on? Are you going 20 hours a day just doing and going and doing and going without ever taking a break?? Do you need more sleep, more down time, more friend time? Whatever it is that YOU need...BEGIN!!! Don't wait like I did for years!! Just do it! Take it in baby steps and keep moving forward!!

Let me know how you are doing with the Challenge. Leave a message here or in our FB group here.

If you are new to the 52 week Challenge or just want to review it go here.

Thanks so much for joining me. I love having you here!!!



6 comments:

  1. You go girl! I totally agree in us ladies taking care of ourselves and you are off to a great start. I am working on making myself number one too. Still feel a little guilty sometimes when my need to take of of me disappoints others but it does pass. Plus our real loved will understand and want the best for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Leslie! You rock! It's so true, we need to keep our cup full so we have enough to give to others. Self-care has been my big project since I finished my 365. Morning pages, yoga, reading inspiring text...it's all helped me feel so much more connected to myself and my creative source. Thank you for the reminder that it's ok to give ourselves permission to take care of ourselves first. So important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Especially in this holiday season - you must fell completely thrilled. Congratulations and continued success!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! So glad your hubby was so supportive. So glad to have met you at the Courage class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really happy for you for the progress you have made, Leslie! I hope you can really hang on to this feeling of health and accomplishment and stick with it when it gets tough. I have really neglected my running and exercise ever since I did my first 5K a month or so ago, and I need to get back on track (literally...ha!). I am inspired by how you have made time for your health and fitness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very inspiring. I recently moved and quit my old job to get away from negative people and start a new journey. I'm feeling better and closer to family. Good luck in your healthy adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!