Friday, July 19, 2013

Fresh Fridays: Adding Flair to your Canvas projects

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” 
― George Bernard Sha
w



How many times do you create something, look at it, get frustrated and tell yourself that YOU ARE NOT AN ARTIST??

When I first began this journey nearly three years ago I did that with almost everthing I created. My very first painting was just awful!! {someday I will share here...i just don't have the courage quite yet...lol}

Now, most times when I sit down to create I am either trying something totally new or art journaling...this has taught me to be patient with myself...to take art all in. To experiment, learn and grow. Instead of getting ready for another craft show I am just creating for the joy of it. What a difference that has made!!




Today is Friday!! Welcome to our second week of Fresh Fridays!!


Today's tip is super easy yet adds an artsy flair to your canvas projects.

The next time you paint a canvas why not add a favorite word or shape to the sides of it??


This particular canvas was created with the word Courage in mind.



Once it was finished I realized I hadn't used the word Courage anywhere on the canvas!! I understood what "hello There" meant but knew others may not. After several minutes I took a small paintbrush, white paint and wrote Courage on one side. I added the heart to remind myself to always be True:)



What kinds of things do YOU put on the edges of your canvas's?? Please share!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea, Leslie! No sense letting all that space go to waste...I like how you use it to further your artistic message!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!