Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dreams Matter!!!

My Brave Art


Hey, Girls!! Mind.Body. Soul. is coming to an end.

I have grown sooo much over the past few weeks and am ready for the next artsy adventure. This one is gonna be a big one, girls. This dream of mine is happening and I am so grateful.

What's so interesting to me is that right now is not the ideal time to be thinking about my big dream. We just shut down a business, my kids are making poor choices, and money is super, super tight. I have never been more stressed as I am right now. This is the worst possible time to be making dreams come true.

But then I thought about my mentor Melody Ross. That sweet, darling Brave Girl has been through soooo much yet she has created a community of women, created works of art and is living her Big, Bold. Beautiful Life.

My Brave Art


That's what I am doing. Starting right now...I am living my Big, Bold, Beautiful Life. I am going after what I know in my heart I am meant to do.

I am Anxiously Engaged.

I am going ahead with my ART RETREAT dream full speed ahead. I am inviting some of the most creative and inspiring and uplifting people I know. I am actively looking for a beautiful place in the woods. I am making contacts. So many exciting things. My heart is full.

My Brave Art


In our last assignment I asked you to really think about your dream. What you looked like living your dream, what it feels like, who is by your side. If you haven't made the time to answer these questions I hope you do very soon. The emotions that come up while you're thinking about these things can help propel you towards your BIG DREAM!  


Art Assignment #2:


Let's take the following two quotes and create journal pages. These quotes really speak to me!

"Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. "
 ~Marsha Norman


Pay attention to your dreams - God's angels often speak directly to our hearts when we are asleep.  ~Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994




My Brave Art




YES! There will be one more give away.

 I am going away for the weekend to a big scrappy retreat with my friend Lisa Bearnson. I am going shopping for our last prize during the retreat:) Soooo....our final give away will be posted sometime Monday as well as a wrap up of our class.

You are all so amazing. Can't wait to see your work on FB!!

9 comments:

  1. It is SO amazing to watch you/hear you pursue your passion. I have only "known" you for the last 6 weeks but I can feel your fire burning through your words and presence online. I am SO proud of you for having the courage (bravery) and wisdom to KNOW what your truth is a just keep moving toward it. There will never be a perfect time - life doesn't work that way. If you KNOW that you are moving toward your truth - the TIME IS NOW!! THANK YOU - you have been an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that you are going for your dreams! I can't wait to hear more about your retreat. I know it will be fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for doing this workshop -- i have grown in many ways -- good for you that you are pursuing your dreams -- i wish you the best and look forward to learning more about your retreat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad to see the end of this course, hopefully we can all keep in touch through our art journaling and maybe future ecourses!! I've fallen behind in my art assignments, have been doing the writing and journaling part, I'm hoping to find time this weekend to do some catching up. I'm so impressed and excited by everyone and their interpretations of feelings, and how you all put that so beautifully into your artwork. This has been great fun and a huge learning experience.

    Leslie, I am so happy for you and proud of you that you are just GOING FOR IT! If we don't live our dreams now........then when?? If we put it off until tomorrow, tomorrow might be years down the road or just never show up at all. I know you have a lot going on and yet you are putting effort and details together to make more of your dreams come true. You are awesome and I can't wait to see what dreams you make happen, thanks for being an inspiration and a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl!!! I'm so proud of you. You know your heart. That is what most people struggle with (me included). I can't wait to hear about your retreat. Work is getting more stressful and taking time off may be more difficult for a while. It would be great if it all came together so I could actually take a break from my every day life and GO to a retreat! Give it 100% without every day distractions.

    Hugs to you!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled that you're going after your dream. I can also see you putting out a book in the near future. YES, I said it. A book about Mind.Body.Soul I think you should spread this awesomeness to other people. I have been so touched & grown in ways I didn't know I could just by taking this e-course. Please keep chasing your dreams. I am forever grateful for what knowledge I've gleemed from you.
    Big Hugs Poe~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so touched by this post! You are BRAVE and SMART - now IS the time to do it - who knows what will come of it, but I know it will be great! And your retreat sounds amazing - what a joy to follow you in your successes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be sorry for your on-line class to come to an end. I'm still working on the first and second classes, but they have really helped me.

    I totally understand about kids and money. I had dreams back then also, but I let myself get talked out of them. That was many years ago and those dreams don't fit me now. Now I'm looking forward to my new dreams and NO ONE is going to talk me out of them!!!

    I haven't joined your other groups on-line because of time and I wanted to make sure that I was doing my own thing. Thank you so much for all your time and effort. They have really helped me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am feeling your positive energy. I don't know if I have said it enough, or ever said it - but you are incredibly creative. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!