Monday, November 14, 2011

The Power is Within YOU!

Last Friday was Oprah's Life Class Finale and it was as if she were speaking directly to me. Love it when that happens. Have you seen Life Class? Don't even know what it is? Click here to see all 25 episodes. They are amazing!

Anyway...Oprah's last episode was entitled "You've Always Had the Power". Think of that scene in Wizard of Oz when Dorothy is asking Glenda to send her home. Remember what Glenda tells Dorothy??




Dorothy had ALWAYS had the power within her and the best part?? We do, too!!!

Sooo many women already know that and are such great examples to me. I shared many of them with you in this post. Be sure and stop by to check out the amazing women I spotlighted.

Leanne and Jodi are two women in my life who, at this very moment are living their creative dreams. Not because they got lucky and it's just happening to them. No because over the past year they have worked so very hard, painting, drawing, writing, sharing and finding a way to do it all.

 They have tapped into their own hearts, they believe in their dreams and they are taking steps daily to insure their dreams come true. These two ladies are like my own personal compass. Each time I read their blogs or see their work it reminds me of my own path. My own power.

This was me last night in my artsy space. I love this photo because this is me being 100% me.


No, I definately won't win any beauty awards but I feel so good here. Wearing my sunny yellow tee, bangs pinned back and a big smile on my face.

I am back at work. It's been awhile you know. Just haven't been too inspired to actually work on my art. It sure felt good.

Background with alcohol ink. Love it!

See that vintage lady? One of my amazing readers (Maggie) sent me this (and lots of other stuff, too!!)


Then there's this one...


This background is one of my favorites. There is just something about red and blues together.

One of my latest additions to my art space...


Isn't this sweet? My Mom gave me this several Christmas's ago. It's supposed to be used for appetizers, etc. but I think it's awesome filled with all my flowers.


So many projects I'm working on. Here's a peek at my space from last night...


This bed is used for all things art! No sleeping here-LOL.


What can I say? I'm such a visual person. I enjoy seeing everything in front of me. My dream is to put a table in here and get rid of the bed.




My desk is cute but doesn't have a big enough workspace.


Remember Leanne I mentioned a bit earlier in this post? Here is a bit of her work...



Sweet magnets...


Gotta love Elsie there, too. Anybody else love Elsie? I bet her a few years back at CHA. She was so petite and darling. Love her quirky sense of style and art. It is so her!

Some finished work. Just in time for Christmas.


Another piece just for fun.


The whole thing...

It's kind of a strange image but I really loved it when I found it at the antique store.

So, yes...I am remembering that the Power does lie within me. Like I said last post...I am trying hard to listen to my heart whispers.

I love where they are taking me...


"Give to the world the best you have
and the best will come back to you."
     -Madeline Bridges

Where is your heart taking you these days?


PS....I somehow managed to delete my wonderful Bird banner last week. I don't know what happened. I am working on a new one with Leanne...for now here is an old one she made me along with a funky background. Can't wait to get something fresh and new!

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to watch Oprah's Master Classes. Seeing this on your blog is another reminder that I need to get my butt in gear to finally watch this.

    Your picture is beautiful and the 100% you is 100% phenomenal. Your heart shines right through that photo in your yellow t-shirt.

    You have been busy creating so many beauties... good to hear you are back at it!
    I wanted to thank-you for your loving support last week. Your kind words helped me navigate through a very difficult week. Thank-you so much dear girl. Sending love from Canada. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, Leslie!!!! My eyes are full of tears right now. Thank you for the words, my friend. Each and every day I wonder if I can be successful in this journey of mine. Your post has given me the courage to keep moving forward. Thank you for that. I needed it today. Hugs. And I believe in you . . . With my whole heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    You don't know how your encouragement keeps ME going! I am humbled, truly, to be called a mentor. I am a simple mom & wife trying to "do this thing" of life with faith in the Lord, being authentic & true to me, and loving others as best I can.

    Look at all of your ART! Wow! Beautiful! You have done much! And your SR projects, I am in envy. I've taken SR1 two times and have yet to finish my projects. And I'm taking SR2, and all I've got done is the tab pages of my journal and my short mission statement!

    Living this creative life that is authentic to me has been a such walk of faith and choosing faith rather than fear & doubt that try to creep in. It is such a blessing to have friends like you come alongside in love & encouragement. I appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!