Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Remember...



I remember this day.
We all do.
We know exactly where we were the day the Towers were hit.

I was volunteering at my children's school that day.
Someone came rushing in..."A plane just hit the World Trade Center."
We turned on the TV.
Reports were coming out that the Pentagon had been hit, too.
I called Dave right away.
He said..."Honey, we are under attack."
A chill ran throughout my entire body.

Like so many of you...I stayed glued to the television for days.
This was like the worst horror movie ever....
except this was real.

As I watch the Ten Year Anniversary specials this weekend
the same feelings came rushing back.
It's hard to look at the news clips of those planes crashing into the Towers.
The sick feeling I get.
The tears.
The anger.
The sadness for all those lives lost.

We must never forget what happened ten years ago.
We must never forget what it felt like to be an American the days and weeks and months that followed.
We became unified in ways many of us had never experienced.
I am proud to be an American.


What are your memories of that tragic day?

2 comments:

  1. I was sitting in bed nursing my 9-day old baby and thinking, "Is this the world I'm bringing a child in to?". While the horror and the lessons of that day still resonate, there's no other country on earth that I'd rather be raising my family in than here.

    Thank you for your beautifully written post!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very late at night here in australia...my 4 month old twins had only weeks prior come home from being on life support....i was used to late nights having spent so many sleepless nights in hospital.,..I was sitting on my 3 seater lounge breast feeding one while the other was in the rocker...i was watching the late news and it showed the first plane...i tried to wake my hubby but he had to get up super early and he sleeps like a log...i was watching with absolute fear and disbelief...then live watched the second..then watched the collapse...it changed my life forever and made me so fearful of what i was bringing my two miracle babies into, and what sort of world my 4 other children and the twins would grom up in...that moment united not only america but the world...my heart got broken that day...xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!