Thursday, March 17, 2011

31 Days {Day 17}

Hello!! How is the Challenge going? We are now over half way through!! Remember...it is OK if you aren't "caught up". There is no catching up. These 31 creativity prompts will be on my Blog forever once the Challenge is over...you can come back anytime or feel free to print them off! ZERO pressure!!

I wanted to show a few pages from my journal. Here is the finished page from Monday's prompt "Listen to your Heart".

I felt almost like I was writing a love letter to myself. Just lots of reminders to continue going after my dream!

Tuesday's prompt was "Sweet Dreams"...

Along with birds and butterflies I adore sunshines and use them in art frequently. To create dimension in the sun I used the end of my paintbrush and swirled it around while the paint was still wet.

Here is the finished page...I really thought I'd journal some of my own "Sweet Dreams" but decided to leave the page as is. Just springy and happy...something I am dreaming of happening soon in Missouri!



Challenge #17

Since it is St. Patrick's Day we just have to create something green today...wouldn't you agree? So today take this famous Irish Blessing and use it to create a page in your journals. 

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back
. May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

 This particular blessing hung in our kitchen my entire childhood...brings back memories of Mom frying eggs and bacon in the morning before school and baking Christmas cookies on a cold, snowy night. 

Of course if this doesn't inspire you...just create something green in your journals. Maybe you have a memory from grade school you want to share or are you Irish? Share a bit of history in your books. These are your journals...do whatever fits!

I WILL be posting Challenge #18 as well as our Weekend Challenge later on tonight!!! Be sure and check back in:)

2 comments:

  1. A lovely prompt! Loved the use of buttons too!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that little one! Happy St. Patties day - love what's happening here with your journals!!! xoox

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!