Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Organized and on a roll

Inspiration has been around every corner for me these past few weeks. From the amazing "Soul Restoration" class I am taking with Melody Ross to your blogs...I have a Creative To-Do list 10 miles long!! LOL!

One of my goals for 2011 is to simplify.
That means going through all our stuff 
and spreading the love...
ya' know what I mean?
I am a collector of much. You can never have too 
many notebooks or books or clothes
or shoes or art supplies right? 
Well, just ask my poor house. 
It is stuffed to the brim and 
more than ready to part with a few things. 

Two of my blog friends Jen and Leanne have been working on this very thing, too and have given me that kick in the pants I needed to get started. See how Leanne cleaned up a kitchen cabinet and what Jen did with her bathroom.

So, as if I didn't have enough to do already I took Monday and cleared 1 huge bag of junk out of our bathroom and bedroom. I went through every cabinet and drawer, keeping only those items which we use. Here are a few of the results...See this makeup? Before it was everywhere. I mean I had my mascara in a make-up bag, lipsticks in my purse and blush in the drawer. I could never find any of it! Now it's all nice and neat in this basket I already had. My facial cleansers and lotions are to the left.

All my makeup is now in one tidy basket.



  
AL hair products in one spot!
I found this wire basket at a garage sale last year for one dollar. I love it! All of my hairspray, gels, flat iron spray and hand lotions are in this basket that fits perfectly below the sink.



This is a shot of our linen closet. Before I organized this space it was just stuffed with all this plus towels. That was not working!! Now I enjoy opening the door to find this tidy space.

All extra soap, deodorants, lotions and nail products are here.
Moving on to our bedroom...I finally have a dresser I adore! Before this was just a place to toss whatever...change, hair products, books...it was a mess. Now....look!


See that lamp? My Mom used those back in the 1960's. I think it adds a vintage charm to our room.

My fave family photo, jewelry box and fave lamp.
The placemat everything is on is so special to me. My Great Aunt that I just recently met embroidered it just for me:)

Dave gave me so many necklaces for Christmas I need to make room for them!!





My next organizing goal is my kitchen. Oh, boy is that gonna be work! Not only am I going to wipe everything down...I am taking everything out of the cupboards, sorting, purging then putting back in a neat and tidy way. I think I am going to create "stations", too. A place for all my baking ware, etc.

I highly recommend the book "Organizing from the Inside Out". Julie has hundreds of ideas to get your place in shape. I am loving it!!

Are you a very organized person or is this something you struggle with? What are some spaces you are working on now or want to very soon?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome organizing! I will have to check out that book. I like being organized, but I'd have to say it is a struggle. I collect stuff, too. My house would have similar things to tell your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with organizing! I want to be organized but I just never seem to get there! I'll have to check out that book too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with organizing...and really, how many of us don't need to organize now and then??? I'm certainly someone who can't constantly and consistently stay organized, so it's nice to find quick and easy ways to do a little at a time!!

    thanks Leslie..for your kind words regarding my engagment/wedding. I'm very happy and excited about it!! love ya girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At work...organized and neat
    At home...not so much!

    But you continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so much alike. SO MUCH. We even have the same face makeup lol. I've been investing in baskets and am about to embark in my kitchen. I LOVE ORGANIZING.

    Speaking of organizing, I have a giveaway that will be on my blog this weekend that has to do w/organizing!! Something I'm SO excited about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I've read that book, its a good one!! Love all your pictures! WTG!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!