Monday, October 4, 2010

Welcome to My Life

It's October. My absolute favorite month of the year. 

"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on
the feelings, as now in October." 

-  Nathaniel Hawthorne


My anniversary is in October, my Mom's birthday, my Grandpa's, my Aunt's, my Mother in law's, MY birthday....

Yes, in one week I will be turning 44. 

Whoa! 44 sure does sound...old. I don't feel old. I feel pretty good. Well, sometimes this body of mine doesn't work well...but my spirit feels good. 


With a new year of life comes a new set of goals, hopes and dreams. Not only have I decided to change a few things here at Words of Me Project but I've decided to embark on a whole new way of life. I've decided to fill my days with gratitude, with beauty, with creativity. 


My goal is to look at my life with a fresh pair of eyes. Where there was once a pile of laundry,  sink of dirty dishes and paper is taking over every counter top I will see opportunity. 


Opportunity to create a clean, welcoming environment for my family. 

“Originality is simply a pair of fresh eyes.” -Thomas W. Higgins


 Last Friday my artist friend gave me some of the best advice I've ever heard regarding creativity. He said if you want to be creative...you must create everyday. When you see a beautiful painting.... that didn't just happen. There are thousands of hours that went into it. 

 

Thousands.


Chris draws. He also is an art teacher at our local university and a Dad and a husband and a leader in our church. I MEAN HE IS ONE BUSY GUY.


But, yet he still finds time to draw every. single. day.

 

Remember the 31 Days Creativity Challenge? {Click here to read all about it!!}

 

When I was into that Challenge, coming up with ideas, participating in it...my creativity exploded! I could do everything better.


That's what I'm talking about. By adding little bits of painting, scrapping, writing, whatever into our day...we are happier, more productive souls. We really are.

 

Check out my friend Soraya's Blog post today. She offers us a list of ways she injects creativity into her daily lives.

 

So with this new year of life about to get underway I am changing the direction of my blog a bit. Making it better in so many ways. Lots of inspiration, projects and words to get you moving in a creative direction.

 

My goal for Words of Me Project is to energize your life.

  

The way you look at it.

 

The way you live it.


Tomorrow I will be introducing our latest Challenge "52 Words 52 Weeks". Can't wait to share this life-changing idea with you!

9 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued -- can't wait to learn about the new challenge! As far as looking at the piles of laundry I'm working on right now... well, I'm trying to use fresh eyes, but I can't seem to find my "fresh eyes" glasses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 44 sounds young when you think of it against higher numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel all fresh in October too! Here in NC it's when the weather FINALLY starts to change and everything smells new. I love it! Good luck on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXCELLENT. Super LOVE the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Les!!! I'm LOVING EVERY SINGLE PART of the new background and header!!! YOU GO GIRL! I've been swamped and not in a creative mood and struggling with some of my creative projects - I'm so sorry. But I absolutely LOVE what you've done here! I'm also so very grateful for you, because you give me such energy ... you motivate my creative spirit SO MUCH, leslie. I am so grateful for you! (And HOLY COW!! Your BIRTHDAY is coming up!!! TRIPLE LOVE THAT, dear!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear more about the creativity project! And yes I looooove October

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was an amazing post and I can't wait, like Paul Harvey, for "the rest of the story" - exciting!! Of course since I'm behind in my reading, I get to know NOW by going on and reading more...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Leslie! SOunds like you are super organized for Fall. I love your opportunity vision. I can always be reminded of that. Here's to being creative and positive!
    Shona

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!