Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My word and a bit of silliness




I have never been an "orderly" person. It seems throughout my life I've always had piles of books I'm going to read, piles of papers I want to keep and piles of mail I need to go through. There were plenty of times when I still lived at home my Mom would have to get after me to clean up my room. When you think of "order" you never think of me!

However, with the New Year that is slowly but surely changing. I made a promise to myself that this would be the decade I got my act together. This would be the year our home would be clean and stay clean. Every last little nook and cranny.

We all know without a plan, a set of goals not much can be achieved, right? RIGHT! So last week my darling hubby and I sat down, pen and paper in hand to create our goals for 2010. On the top of our list was "Order".




For the past 31 days or so we have got up early (along with our children) to pick up the house before sunrise. We have been working together as a team to do laundry, pick up the living room and clean our rooms. Our home has never looked this good!

Along with having our stuff in order we have made plans to put our business life and spiritual lives in order as well. Just knowing where we're going and having an actual plan to get there has given our home peace.

On another note here is a silly photo of me and Em from a month ago. We had a blast snapping goofy shots of ourselves one afternoon!!





What about you? Do you have things in order in your life? What is one thing you could do today to get more order in your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!